Re: The next TestGettext step?

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: The next TestGettext step?
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:39:08 +0000

Hello,

On Feb/02/2010, Jorma Karvonen wrote:

> this move to help-grub is OK. I will subscribe it too. After .iso file

Then here we are (in help-grub)

> downloading I made the following linking in img directory (it is a
> subdirectory for Desktop):

wait wait, the iso file that I refer in the script (test.iso) is an iso
file generated by grub-mkrescue (so generated by test.sh). You don't
need to download any other iso file.

> ln -s ../../Downloads/kubuntu-kde4-8.04.1-desktop-i386.iso test.iso

you don't need it

(BTW, yesterday I thought that kubuntu-kde-8.04 was the system that you
had installed, not the system that you are trying to run)

> then I run the command:
>
> sudo ./test.sh

you don't need sudo here

So, again, just to clarify: the instructions (
http://grub.enbug.org/TestGettext ) are done to be ran in an installed
system. If you execute the "Steps" one by one with exactly the same
command line and you copy the output hereI will probably understand what
goes wrong.

So, I would start a console and start:

mkdir grubtest
cd grubtest
wget
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/grub/cpina/grub-1.97+20100124.tar.gz

(or download the file, save in the directory grubtest
tar -xzvf grub-1.97+20100124.tar

And so on with the different steps.

Copy the output of each one (if tar works you don't need to copy the
output) and hopefully tonight you will see Grub in finnish :-) or I will
be able to point something wrong in the instructions/procedure.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info