Using Grub floppy for network boot?

From: Ken Mandelberg
Subject: Using Grub floppy for network boot?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:02:33 -0400

We have some machines that PXE boot Linux from the bios off the built in 100 mbit ethernet. We have added usb gigabit ethernet pci cards ENLGA-1320, and would like to use those only.

The bios won't use the pci ethernet. Is it possible to build a boot floopy with grub that would do a network boot off the gigabit? There is a Linux driver for the ENLGA-1320.