Unable to boot PC BSD 7 from GRUB Legacy

From: Shriramana Sharma
Subject: Unable to boot PC BSD 7 from GRUB Legacy
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:44:32 +0530

Hello.

I am running GRUB 0.97-29ubuntu21 on Kubuntu Hardy. I recently
installed PC BSD 7 on a separate HDD (from the one containing GRUB and
Kubuntu) and I chose not to use the PC BSD bootloader since I did not
want to lose GRUB. But now I am unable to boot PC BSD 7 from GRUB. I
have the GRUB menu.lst entry:

title PC BSD 7
root (hd1,0,a)
kernel /boot/loader
boot

But I get an error message saying the filesystem could not be mounted.
Of course the filesystem of /dev/sdb1 created by PC BSD 7 is UFS +
Soft Updates (or something like that) and GRUB doesn't seem to have
ufs_stage1_5 on my system, so is that the problem?

Either way, how can I solve this problem?

I am neither too technically ignorant nor knowledgeable. So please be
patient with me.

Thanks in advance.

Shriramana Sharma.