Re: I have troubles with GCC 4.3.3 installation

From: amrollahi . saeed
Subject: Re: I have troubles with GCC 4.3.3 installation
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 05:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 23, 4:05 pm, Lionel B <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 05:43:19 -0700, amrollahi.saeed wrote:
> > Dear all
> > Hello
>
> > I am Saeed Amrollahi. I am a C++ programmer for a decade. I use Visual
> > C++ under Windows and GNU GCC under Linux. I want to use the new
> > features of C++0x like concepts, tuples, regex, threads, etc.
> > I decided to instal GCC 4.3.3 on my Linux. Unfortunately, it was very
> > difficult for me. Although I have a relatively good knowledge about
> > Unix/Linux, but I can't install the prerequisites
> > and the main GCC program. In all cases I followed the GCC instruction
> > (in the GCC pages):
>
> >  1. Prerequisites
> >  2. Downloading the source
> >  3. Configuration
> >  4. Building
> >  5. Testing (optional)
> >  6. Final install
>
> > I follow the traditional procedure: "./configure", then "make" and "make
> > install" for prerequisites and main program (core GCC and g++ compiler),
>
> > The configure phase goes well but in making programs I run into almost
> > same problems. For example in installing Autogen program, I encounter
> > the following errors:
>
> Doesn't your Linux distribution supply packages for the various
> prerequisites? You shouldn't have to build them all manually from source
> (the only case where this might be necessary is where the version of the
> distribution-supplied package is older than that required for the GCC
> install - but this is unlikely if you have a reasonably up-to-date Linux
> distribution).
>
> --
> Lionel B- Hide quoted text -

My Linux is relatively new it released about two years ago.
and I currently have GCC 4.1.1. It is not good for me.
As a first stage, I searched my package and installed some of
the missed programs (using RPM) . It is not my main problem.
I downloaded other needed programs like GMP, MPFR, PPL, Autogen
from the Net. I fail in the installation phase.
Even if I had the newer version of Linux, I don't like to replace my
Linux,
I want to learn the details of GCC installation without hiding the
problem.

Anyway, thank you.
 -- Saeed Amrollahi