Re: Linking vs. a *.lib-file on windows (cygwin / MinGW)

From: Lars Uffmann
Subject: Re: Linking vs. a *.lib-file on windows (cygwin / MinGW)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:39:56 +0200

Hi Andre,

Andre Poenitz wrote:
Poking into the dark: Do the C headers have something like 'extern "C"'
mentioned somewhere?

Nope, instead they had _stdcall - however, in the end I managed to solve my issue by loading the actual DLL at runtime, and extracting the function pointer out of that.

A C++ compiler typically "mangles" the function names it enconters, so
the linker might not be able to match them with the symbols from the
library.

And the function names are not mangled, luckily. Works like a charm now :)

Thanks for your reply anyways!

  Lars