Having g++ dump metadata during compilations

From: eliss
Subject: Having g++ dump metadata during compilations
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to find a way to extract all the function definitions AND
function uses from thousands of C++ files. For example, if foo.cpp
contains:

int func(char b)
{
    return 0;
}

func('d'); func('e');
print("bar");

Then I want to get something that tells me "int func(char b) is on
line 1, pos 0 ; func(char) is on line 5, pos 0 ; func(char) is on line
5, pos 11 ; print(char*) is on line 6, pos 0"

Is this something g++ can do? I've looked into ctags as well, but it
can only get the function definitions.

Thanks in advance!

- Eliss