Re: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 09:23:45 -0700

mathieu <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> writes:

>   I am looking for documentation which would explain how to use older
> glibc symbol. Right now, when I compile binaries on my linux debian
> system (using g++ 4.2) people running the exe on there older linux
> system are getting:
>
>   libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

In general, UNIX systems do not support "develop on newer release;
run on older release" model. Only the inverse is supported (i.e. old
binaries still run on newer systems).

>   This look like an extremly simple problem, but I cannot find
> anything on google, as I am missing the 'right' keyword to search for

It's not very simple, but there are several possible solutions.
See this message for some of them:
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.g++.help/msg/32c0df4f11ff018a

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.