Re: Loading multiple copies of libstdc++

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Loading multiple copies of libstdc++
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:07:03 -0700

hemant.ritu@gmail.com writes:

> We have a C application that dynamically loads twoo different C++
> shared libraries. However, these two C++ shared libraries explicitly
> load exactly same version of libstdc++ but from different locations.
> Thus, the C application ends up loading multiple copies of the same
> version of libstdc++. We would like to know if this can potentially
> cause an issue due to run-time shared data for exceptions etc. Thanx.

If the two versions of libstdc++ were compiled with the same
version of g++, and were configured exactly the same way, and you
are on one of the "sane" platforms (i.e. not on AIX or Win32), then
you are lucky, and dynamic loader will simply never reference any
symbols from the "second" libstdc++.

Otherwise, all bets are off.

You might want to inject some sanity, by simply removing libstdc++
from the "second" location.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.