Hello World output problem

From: noste60
Subject: Hello World output problem
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

I am setting my first steps in the GCC world and encountered already an
unexpected problem.

I installed GCC via CYGWIN and wrote the most banal piece of code one could
imagine.

#include < stdio.h>

void main()
{
    printf("\nHello World\n");
}

I compiled with

gcc Test_001.c -o Test.exe

The compiler worked fine and only warned about return type of main not being
'int'.

When I execute the Test.exe file it does not give any output.

I am sure I am not the first and only person who encountered this issue but
also on the forum I could not find hints or solutions.

Could anybody out there help me out?

Thanks very much in advance,

Stefan