Re: gdb

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: gdb
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:07:39 -0700

moongeegee <moongeegee@gmail.com> writes:

> I am learning gdb to debug the program. As soon as I run the program,
> it prompt me an error and terminated.
> How to step into it or set breakpoint and find the problem. Thanks.

You may get better answers if you specify which platform you are
using, which version of the compiler, etc.

Try setting breakpoint on __cxa_throw.

> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/home/grp/gramtest < inputdata
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
>   what():  empty rule

It sounds as if you (or some code you link to) installed non-default
terminate handler, which printed above message.

Default terminate() should have aborted the program, at which point
gdb should have told you where that's happening.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.