Re: Cannot link against my own library due to undefined symbols???

From: Pep
Subject: Re: Cannot link against my own library due to undefined symbols???
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 01:23:23 -0800 (PST)

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

> Pep <pepaltavista@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> > g++ -I. -L. -ltest -o test-main main.cc
>
> Above command line is incorrect. Try this:
>
>   g++ -I. -L. -o test-main main.cc -ltest
>
> > I've been looking at this for some time now and am frankly stumped by
> > what I know must be a simple case of me not doing something I should
> > have but I don't know what.
>
> To understand why the order of sources/objects and libraries on
> command line matters, read this:
>   http://webpages.charter.net/ppluzhnikov/linker.html
>
> Cheers,
> --
> In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
> Remove /-nsp/ for email.

Shame faced, having seen your reply and Larry's, I feel somewhat
foolish, lol

As I explained to Larry, we use a really bad set of manually crafted
Jam files to build where we are always having problems with the
dependencies, so I should have thought of the answer straight away.

I knew it was going to be something silly but developing and
firefighting at the same time, taxes youor grey matter.

Thanks again for a simple answer to a simple problem that I really
should have knwon better :)