Creation of .gcda filess

From: R.Arun
Subject: Creation of .gcda filess
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:44:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using GCOV for estimating the code coverage of my source code.
GCOV mandates to build the executable with "-fprofile-arcs" options to
generate the required data files.
These files are of .gcda extension. These .gcda files would be created after
the execution of the executable.
I would like to know if there is a way to generate these ".gcda" files
without terminating the process running.
This would help me automating the process of code coverage using the GCOV.

Thanks in Advance
R.Arun