Re: About debugging constructors

From: John V. Shahid
Subject: Re: About debugging constructors
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:36:25 -0400

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 18:43 +0000, parag_paul@hotmail.com wrote:
> I have problem debugging the constructor of a class. The debugger does
> not step into it, it gets into some other line number.

The following is an assumption, since the call to the constructor is
done in assembly the debugger has noway to tell that there's an actual
function call. You can make your debugger stops in the constructor by
adding a break-point to the first instruction in the constructor body.

> I have changed the dir settings too. But it still shows some other
> line number. Where does GDB fetch the line number information

I'm not sure what do you mean by changing the dir settings. What do you
also mean by "other" line number. Did you compile your program using
"-g". Also, try to show some output so that others can recognize what is
the problem.

--
John V. Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com>