Re: Out of memory compilation

From: Akanksha
Subject: Re: Out of memory compilation
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:04:18 -0000

 Bernd Strieder <strie...@informatik.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Akanksha wrote:
> > I have a little problem here.. I am using g++ to compile a huge code
> > of about 200,000 lines and the compilation gives me the following
> > error
>
> Try reducing the optimization level or splitting up the file. The file
> in question is extraordinarily large. Optimization can take huge
> amounts of RAM, especially for large functions.

I split the code into chunks.. Most of them seem to work fine except
one huge 50,000 line function which gave a g++ internal error. I was
able to compile the function by reducing its size to half. Though I am
not convinced that g++ cannot handle a 50,000 line function. The
function just has a series of function calls from the ILOG library.