Out of memory compilation

From: Akanksha
Subject: Out of memory compilation
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:37:21 -0000

Hey!

I have a little problem here.. I am using g++ to compile a huge code
of about 200,000 lines and the compilation gives me the following
error

cc1plus: out of memory allocating 42381928 bytes after a total of
391704576 bytes
make: *** [model_1.o] Error 1

I am running this on a server with 4 GB RAM..

The code uses ILOG libraries.. ILOG is a licensed constraint solver...

Why would a code compilation need so much memory and how can I find
where exactly is it consuming so much memory?

Akanksha