Re: compiling g++ on HPUX 11.11

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: compiling g++ on HPUX 11.11
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 00:01:18 -0700

Stu <beefstu350@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile a version (3.3.2) of gcc and g++ on my HPUX
> 11.11 machine

Your best bet is to fetch a precompiled binary from somewhere --
HPUX is not one of the main gcc platforms, and building gcc on it
used to be a major pain (and apparently continues to be).

> Bootstrap comparison failure!
> alias.o differs

HPUX is one of the platforms on which foo.o contains compilation
timestamp, so compiling the same file twice produces (slightly)
different objects.

I am not sure how gcc build system deals with this, or what the
magic incantations are to skip the identity check.

> Please go easy on me since this my first time trying to do this and
> hopefully my last.

Is there a reason you can't use precomiled binaries ?

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.