Re: Library Issue

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Library Issue
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:26:25 -0700

Brian C <brianc@no.sp.a.m.dynamissoftware.com> writes:

> Ok, well, I did speak too soon. I was compiling a different project (oops).
>
> The project in question did have the link line the way that website
> specified, so nothing was changed, therefore, still get the
> error. Here's the code:
>
> g++ ./getscores.o -L/dynamis/lib -ldex -lmascot -o /dynamis/bin/getscores

This link line is incorrect, because (as is clear from your original
error message) libmascot depends on libdex, and therefore libdex
must *follow* libmascot on the link line. The correct link line
(assuming libdex doesn't in turn depend on libmascot) is:

  g++ ./getscores.o -L/dynamis/lib -lmascot -ldex -o /dynamis/bin/getscores

[I also conclude that you either didn't pay too much attention
while reading my explanation, or that it is still confusing even
though I've  tried to make it cristal clear :[

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.