Re: error : extra qualification

From: Gelu Ionescu
Subject: Re: error : extra qualification
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:37:08 +0100

Hello,

I have an old include file containing this statements:

class MPEyeFinder : public MPISearchFaceDetector {
  GPrior MPEyeFinder::setROI(FaceObject* &face, feature_type eye_type);
};

When compiling with a precedent version (g++ 3.3.5) no error is generated
Now, I compile with g++ 4.1.2 and

error : extra qualification 'MPEyeFinder::' on member 'setROI'

is generated

I hope this information will point you on the good track.

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
Gelu Ionescu <ionescu@lis.inpg.fr> writes:

My code evolves towards the gcc412 compiler and I have an
error : extra qualification

inside an external packages (they are read only and I don't want to
modify their include files).

Is there a compilation flag to avoid this situation?

There might be, but you didn't provide *any* relevant details.
Please read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Cheers,