HelloWorld.c CRASHES when moved from FC6 to FC3!!

From: troubled_gcc_user
Subject: HelloWorld.c CRASHES when moved from FC6 to FC3!!
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:53:54 -0600

I wrote this little program hello.c and compiled it on Fedora Core
6. It gives a Floating Point Error on Fedora Core 3. What is going on
here????????

My problem, obviously, lies with a larger app that I compile on FC6
and want to run on FC3, this example is just an illustration of the
problem. I am desperate. I need to solve this shit.

See output here:

FC6:~/tmp ==>cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main( int argtc, char * argv[] ) {

  printf( "Hello\n" );

  exit( 0 );
}
FC6:~/tmp ==>gcc -o hello hello.c
FC6:~/tmp ==>./hello
Hello

@@@@@ Then I move it to a Fedora Core 3 machine and run it:

FC3: ==>./hello
Floating point exception (core dumped)

FC3: ==>strace ./hello
execve("./hello", ["./hello"], [/* 63 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x85ff000
old_mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS,
-1, 0) = 0xb7f4b000
--- SIGFPE (Floating point exception) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGFPE (core dumped) +++
Process 11101 detached