Re: compilation using gcc on HP-UX

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: compilation using gcc on HP-UX
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:20:18 -0800

niteshkpatil@gmail.com writes:

> I am using gcc 3.4.3 on HP-UX11.11 (64-bit machine)
> I need to build a 64-bit library component .
> I am building the library component using the compiler options like
> "-mpa-risc-2-0" "-march=2.0",

The options above select PA-RISC 2.0 instruction set, but they do
*not* select 64-bit compile. Use -mlp64 for that.

However, it is likely that your build of gcc doesn't support that
option, and simply can't build 64-bit objects.

Some instructions on how to build 64-bit capable version of gcc
for HP-UX are here: http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/#Gcc

Cheers,

P.S. You've multi-posted your article here and to comp.sys.hp.hpux
Please learn to cross-post instead.
Remove /-nsp/ for email.