Re: assembler (?) errors with GCC 4.1.1

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: assembler (?) errors with GCC 4.1.1
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:59:43 -0800

Dave Steffen <dgsteffen@numerica.us> writes:

> I'm porting some code to GCC 4.1 (it's fine with GCC 3.4.6); when I
> try to build any part of it, I get a huge number of warnings like:
> C++ ../../../components/util/base/Timer.o
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:13: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for
> .text._ZnwjPv

You may want to run 'g++ -S ... Timer.cpp' and examine resulting assembly file.

> My only guess, which is very uneducated, is that there's some problem
> with the compiler setup, or the way it was built, or something.

Definitely one of the above, probably "or something" :)

> anyone shed any light on this?

Without knowing which OS you are compiling on, which assembler you
are using, and what section attributes gcc 4.1 is trying to set
and as doesn't like? No.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.