Does the gcc compiler have a VC 6.0 C++ compilation mode (interfacing wi

From: bramdoornbos
Subject: Does the gcc compiler have a VC 6.0 C++ compilation mode (interfacing with classes over dll boundary)?
Date: 6 Sep 2006 05:18:12 -0700

Hello,

This is a repost from a earlier message I sent to the comp.lang.c++
newsgroup,
but they advised me to put it in this newsgroup

---

I am looking for a solution to interface with C++ classes implemented
in a dll compiled by gcc (cygwin icw mingw).
This dll will be however accessed by a visual c++ compiled host (not
made by me).

Both implementations will share headers that define virtual c++ class
interfaces.

Is this possible? In other words, can the gcc compiler behave like the
Visual C++ compiler?
I know that by default the object memory mapping model differs for both

compilers.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Bram Doornbos