Re: g++ 3.2.3 and g++ 3.4 incompatiblities

From: Henrik Goldman
Subject: Re: g++ 3.2.3 and g++ 3.4 incompatiblities
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:57:09 +0200

> Probably not.  You'll have to either:
>
> Getting C++ code to be *binary* comparible across major revisions is
> generally not possible.

Not true in all cases. I am doing exactly that. But in order to make it work
my library does not export C++ symbols. Only C symbols are allowed and
everything should from "user of library" point of view look like a C
library.
Then it is possible to re-link libstdc++.a and libgcc_eh.a into your library
at the expense of greater filesize.
Look for something like "relinking libstdc++.a" by me and Paul Pluzhnikov
for instance on google groups. I've written quite a few questions on the
topic and Paul Pluzhnikov has answered them almost all the time.

-- Henrik