Re: Cannot call a C module from Fortran

From: Cottonwood
Subject: Re: Cannot call a C module from Fortran
Date: 24 May 2006 01:02:42 -0700

Cottonwood wrote:
> I want to call a C module from a Fortran program. Whatever I tried -
> the linker could not find the C module
     .
     .
     .
> The result was always the same. With the Fortran subroutine linking
> works, with one of the C modules I get the message
>
> qqmodlib.a(qqprint.o):qqprint.for:(.text+0x42): undefined reference to
> `qqcprint'
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I'm on Windows XP and using GNU G95 (2003 standard) with the option
-fno-underscoring and GNU C++ 4.9.9.2.

Because I have no problem to call Fortran from C this can't ba a
conflict with the names. Meanwhile I found out that the problem is not
related to Fortran. Now I have this C main:

extern "C" void qqcprint();
int main()
{
qqcprint();
return 0;
}

and my C routine is quite the same:

extern void qqcprint()
{
return;
}

The module is in the project al well as in the linked modlib qqmodlib.a
But the message I get is always

[Linker error] undefined reference to `qqcprint'. The 'nm' program was
not in the delivery.