Re: Running initial code when in library

From: Paulo Matos
Subject: Re: Running initial code when in library
Date: 23 May 2006 12:25:08 -0700

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> "Paulo Matos" <pocmatos@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have singleton and everything should work fine but it is not:
>
> In that case, two possibilities come to mind:
> - you didn't build your exe correctly (always link C++ code with 'g++')
> - the code containing global 'proxy p;' objects isn't actually
>   linked into the executable at all.
>
> The second explanation is more likely, especially if that code is
> supposed to be linked in from an archive library.

Thanks for all your help. I'm using autotools: auto make/conf and
libtool for this stuff. I'm getting quite confused on all the autoconf
flags. I think that the ones which I'm currently using are the correct
ones for this: AC_DISABLE_SHARED and AC_PROG_LIBTOOL. Everything is
built with autotools.

Any ideas on how can I know if the code is linked as shared or as
static?

Thanks once again.

> Suggested reading:
> http://webpages.charter.net/ppluzhnikov/linker.html