Avoiding _Unwind_SjLj_Register/Unregister

From: address@hidden
Subject: Avoiding _Unwind_SjLj_Register/Unregister
Date: 7 May 2006 11:24:35 -0700

I am in the process of optimizing a C++ program, and would like to
reduce the amount of time spent in _Unwind_SjLj_Register and
_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister.  These functions account for a large
percentage of the total running time (about 11%).

I understand that these functions are used in exception handling, so I
realize that they are necessary, but I'm wondering if there are any
techniques that can be used to reduce the number of times they are
invoked.  Perhaps putting try/catch in some key places?

Thanks for any insight,

Mike

P.S. I'm using g++ 3.4.2 on mingw