Re: File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:51:41 -0700

"Peter Nolan" <peter@peternolan.com> writes:

> the client says they have installed the following versions.

And did you rebuild your app with the new version?

> What is a
> command I can run on my machine to see if it supports fopen64

You could do this:

  g++ hello.cpp
  ldd a.out | grep libstdc++

[Above should tell you which libstdc++.so is being used]

  nm /path/to/libstdc++.so | grep 'U fopen'

If the output is:
         U fopen64@@GLIBC_2.1
you should be ok.

If the output is:
         U fopen@GLIBC_2.0
then the you need even newer gcc.

I just checked gcc versions installed on my box. It appears that
fopen64 was introduced in gcc-3.4.0.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.