Re: Linking with a static library.

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Linking with a static library.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:00:22 -0700

Magnus Jonneryd <magnus.jonneryd@ipbolaget.com> writes:

> 5. All of the above are compiled and the object-files are inserted in to a
>    library (libStuff.a). No trouble compiling.

What are the compile lines you use and how are you constructing
the libStuff.a ?

> 6. Lastly I define a main-method, in which i instantiate an object of class
>    F, and tries to link with the library, now it starts to get odd. The
>    linker says there are some undefined references in F to members in E,

What is the failing link line and what is the *exact* error message?

Be sure main.o *preceedes* libStuff.a on the link line. Gory details
on why this matters can be found here:
 http://webpages.charter.net/ppluzhnikov/linker.html

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.