Re: precompiled headers and -E

From: Greg
Subject: Re: precompiled headers and -E
Date: 9 Sep 2005 12:45:01 -0700

I have since found the same thing.  But I am using gcc 3.4.3 and this
option is availabe in 4.0.  And you are right about distcc.  Even if I
force the preprocessor to accept .h.gch files there will be a problem
with distcc not transferring these files over to the remote machine.
It seems that either
a) distcc must transfer the .h.gch files to the remote machine so that
the compiler has access to them there.
b) distcc recognizes that the precompiled output needs additional files
and schedules that particular compilation on the local machine
c) GCC includes the precompiled header in the preprocessed file.  The
.gch file would take place of the #pragma that is there now as a result
of -fpch-preprocess.
Either of these options is beyond what I want to play with at the
moment.

Greg