Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha DEC

From: Sharshera
Subject: Compiling STL succeeds/fails with different version of g++ on alpha DEC Tru64?
Date: 8 Aug 2005 14:14:05 -0700

I have a c++ code that I can compile successfully on g++ 2.96 while I
can't under 3.4.1 and 3.0?

Are these two known to have issues with STL?
My code uses STL heavily, actually it is built all around STL.

I know this is a very general question but I am just wondering if STL
is better supported in some version while not in the others.

I don't want to spend hours installing newer version in vein.

Hameed.