Re: MinGW/Windows CRLF lunacy

From: Matt
Subject: Re: MinGW/Windows CRLF lunacy
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:38:27 GMT

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
Matt <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> writes:

What trick do I have to use to make the file contain exactly the data
I send to fwrite?

Perhaps open the file in binary mode?

  fopen("output", "wb");
                    ^
Cheers,

Much obliged guys.  I guess I should have RTFM.

The mode string can also include the letter ‘‘b’’ either as a last character or as a character between the characters in any of the two-character strings described above. This is strictly for compatibility with ANSI X3.159-1989 (‘‘ANSI C’’) and has no effect; the ‘‘b’’ is ignored on all POSIX conforming systems, including Linux. (Other systems may treat text files and binary files differently, and adding the ‘‘b’’ may be a good idea if you do I/O to a binary file and expect that your program may be ported to non-Unix environments.)