Re: OT Verifying code across gcc versions [Re: Commercial support on GCC

From: Maurizio Loreti
Subject: Re: OT Verifying code across gcc versions [Re: Commercial support on GCC/G++ open source versions]
Date: 27 Feb 2005 09:54:19 +0100

Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov-nsp@charter.net> writes:

> > So what gives you confidence to "jump to new version as soon as it
> > is released"?

Because we have exetensive test cases ready; and, for example, we are
testing future compiler releases with their cvs snapshots (see my
comments about gcc release 4) and preparing bug reports for the gcc
working group if any fails.  If you don't know, under gcc.gnu.org
there are some mailing list that you may find interesting.

--
Maurizio Loreti                         http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html
Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Padova, Italy              ROT13: ybergv@cq.vasa.vg