Re: More information about inline function "used but never defined" erro

From: john . pye
Subject: Re: More information about inline function "used but never defined" error?
Date: 15 Feb 2005 16:06:31 -0800

Hi Paul, thanks for that reply there.

I had not come across that need to have "template<>" in there. Where do
you say I need to put that?

Also, I have been able to get those linker errors but I want to somehow
get more information about the location of the attempted cast to
double. Ideally this should throw a compiler error rather than a linker
error. By changing the undefined operator double() to "inline" I have
been able to get a compiler *warning* but it still doesn't give the
location in the code where invalid cast double is occurring.

The example I gave with 'upsilon' is a very simple one, and I
understand that one already. I have much more complex uses for this
code and in those cases knowing only the function in which the error
occurs is not enough; it still takes time to check all the case and
find the invalid cast.