Re: runtime symbol lookup error

From: markolah
Subject: Re: runtime symbol lookup error
Date: 15 Feb 2005 06:22:33 -0800

Fixed!

The problem was that I was including the header that defines
"PetscInitialize" as extern "C" {}.  However, the header was C++ and
the PetscInitialize was overloaded.  Thus the dynamic loader was
looking for a C-style PetscInitialize which it could not find as there
were only mangled, C++-style definitions in the library I was linking
against.  I guess this is one example of how piping through c++filt can
be a bad idea when debugging!

-Mark Olah