Re: Debug builds

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: Debug builds
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:26:58 +0100

Hi,

You did not tell the truth. In the previous post you said:

> I am using the GNU C++ implementation, gcc 3.4.3.

If you are ready to recompile all C++ parts of your project, you might
consider using g++-3.4.3. It has a new parser, which is stricter. There
are possibly a lot of simple changes in template-heavy code to get your
code working under g++-3.4 and g++-3.3. gcc-3.4.3 is faster, especially
in debugging builds and produces faster code. You could do release
builds with the old compiler.

You might consider using STLport. It has debugging features and it
should be usable with g++-3.3. But recompiling might be necessary,
nevertheless.

Bernd Strieder