Debug builds

From: Matthias
Subject: Debug builds
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:53:23 +0100

Hi,

I have just read in another thread (didn't want to hijack it) that STL containers may operate more safe in "debug builds". Are we talking about a debug build when the _DEBUG flag is set (on gcc)? I have grep'ed for _DEBUG in all files of my STL implementation but couldn't come up with anything.
How do I enable the STL to work in debug mode?

I am using the GNU C++ implementation, gcc 3.4.3.

--
Regards,
Matthias