Re: exception crash

From: John Max Skaller
Subject: Re: exception crash
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:58:19 +1100

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:00:10 +0000, Guy Harrison wrote:

> Don't quite follow you there. If what follows doesn't help please elaborate
> with code.
>
>> BTW: the error is known and expected, it should
>> print a diagnostic and terminate gracefully, but
>> aborts instead. The same behaviour occurs for all
>> errors.
>
> int
> main(/*...*/)
> {
>  try {
>  return Main();
>  }
>  //other catches
>  catch (...) {
>  std::cerr << "*** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ***\n";
>  return EXIT_FAILURE;
>  }
> }

My mainline does the equivalent of the above.
Doesn't help. I'm getting an unhandled exception,
which calls terminate, so the catch(...) isn't relevant.

The error only occurs with -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer.
So I think this is either this is either a bug in g++ or
in the documentation for failing to specify the above
combination doesn't work.