Compiling DLLs

From: Eilmsteiner Reinhard
Subject: Compiling DLLs
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:10:15 +0100

Hello!

I've been using g++ a lot on Linux.
But now I need to compile a MS-Windows DLL... and I have cygwin installed.

Is there a way to compile a Windows library (DLL) with g++?
Do DLLs created that way depend on cygwin? If yes, how can I get rid of this dependency? How do I tell g++ (or the linker rather) to export a function from this DLL? Is it the old __declspec (dllexport) stuff or something similar?

Thanx,
Reinhard.