Re: manual pages for gcc ?

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: manual pages for gcc ?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:09:28 +0100

William Xuuu wrote:
> how can i obtain manual pages for gcc in man format, which is more
> convenient than info format, sometimes.

apt-get install info2man
using konqueror (but I've seen the equivalent under other browsers, too)
you can enter 'info:gcc' (or, btw, 'man:sprintf') as URL. Pretty
convenient info frontend.

> i've installed glibc-doc already, but `man sprintf' brings me nothing,
> for instance.

dpkg -L glibc-doc shows that it contains manpages only for PThreads
functions, rest is info/html.

> :-( i'm using Debian,

Good, install manpages-dev.

> maybe it was caused by `apt-get dist-upgrade'... thanks in advance.

hrrmm... if you really think so, that only means you should read and
understand the manpages for that command. ;)

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/