Re: Error: undefined reference to

From: Karthik Kumar
Subject: Re: Error: undefined reference to
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:51:19 -0800

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
Karthik Kumar <kaykaylance_nospamplz@yahoo.com> writes:

g++ -o prog_complex complex.cpp prog_complex.cpp
The GNU linker expects the symbols to be arranged this way.
The most independent library comes first. The least
independent library comes last.

First off, there is not a single *library* on your command line,
and the order of sources and objects doesn't matter at all: they
*all* are included in the final link.

   Well - I agree there is not any library file. But the
op had mentioned in the first post of the thread
that complex.cpp contains the implementation of
complex class.  And prog_complex.cpp uses that.

Second off, you got your advice completely backwards: libraries
should occur on command line from *most* dependent to *least*
dependent (which is usually libc and is added by the compiler driver
at the end).

   Oops ! Apologies for the mistake. Thanks for pointing out the same.

To the *op*,
  it got to be -

g++ -o prog_complex prog_complex.cpp complex.cpp .

--
  Karthik.               http://akktech.blogspot.com .
  ' Remove _nospamplz from my email to mail me. '