Re: Need Help with this compile

From: Guy Harrison
Subject: Re: Need Help with this compile
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:58:48 GMT

Hafeez wrote:

> I am having real trouble compiling this code
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~vganti/birchcode/codeHier/AttrProj.tgz
> The attachment shows errors when compiled using the current version of
> g++ in a i386-pc-solaris2.9.
> Seeing reference to gcc-2.7.2 in the Makefile of the code, I
> downloaded it and compiled in my home directory. Then changed the
> referenes of LIBDIR and INCLUDES to
> this installation .and ran with g++ for 2.7.2 then there are still
> errors (attached as well). Apparently, the installation of 2.7.2 does
> not create includes like iostream.h anywhere.

A 2.9x would probably have worked. Haven't a clue about solaris and can't
remember 2.7 but seems very likely you built 2.7 wrong.

> I have installed
> --prefix=$HOME --with-local-prefix=$HOME
>
> Can you help me solve this problem?

The appearance of...

> warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or
> antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found
> in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting
> the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream>
> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this
> warning use -Wno-deprecated.

...means you either need to (a) use an older C++ compiler, (b) fix the
source (preferable), or (c) keep fingers crossed and do what the message
suggests.

Having taken a quick peek, I'll tell you for nothing you're gonna have
trouble with it. It declares a lot of stuff out of system headers itself so
conflicts will abound.