cc1plus in Debian

From: Michael Satterwhite
Subject: cc1plus in Debian
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:56:50 GMT

I've just installed Debian on a laptop using their new installer - which,
unfortunately, doesn't install any compile tools. Shouldn't be a problem
with apt, but...

I've used apt to install both gcc and g++. When I try to compile, I get an
error message because of a missing file: cc1plus. Can anyone here give me a
clue of how to fix? I've searched for cc1plus (both using apt-cache and on
the web) but I'm not finding the fix - although I see others have had this
problem.

tia
---Michael