Re: how to exclue libm when compile C++ program with g++

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: how to exclue libm when compile C++ program with g++
Date: 03 Aug 2004 07:33:52 -0700

nospam <nospam@nospam.com> writes:

A: Because doing so makes it harder to read.
Q: Why should I not top-post?

[Please do not top-post, rest of the message re-ordered]

> Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> > "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
>
> >>    I am changing a C++ project so that it is independent of math library
> >
> > Whatever for?
>
> because for some ARM platform, there is no floating point co-prosessor
> and the floationg are emulated by software and is extremely slow. [...]

In that case, link with 'gcc -nostdlib ...' and add all the required
objects/libraries to the link line "by hand".

You can see what these are by first linking with 'gcc -v ...'

Note that the set of objects/libraries you'll need to add depends
on gcc version.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.