pthreads

From: Matthew Polder
Subject: pthreads
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:25:47 -0400

Hi,

I'm using gcc 3.3 on a SunOS 5.8 machine. I have a library that I've
made static. One of the files in the library uses pthreads. I compile
this library using 'g++ -pthreads ...' and then use -static to make the
library. gcc is configured to used /usr/ccs/bin/ld as the linker, and I
use ar to make the library. Then I have a file that I compile with the
same flags and link it with the library with pthreads.

It links fine, but when it gets to the thread part of the program, it
doesn't execute them. I've tried using -pthreads on the link line but
then it complains about not finding the pthreads library (I'm not sure
where it is).

Any suggestions?

thanks,
matthew
--

Please remove the word 'tuna' from my name and add a dot j dot ('.j.')
for my correct email address. If you are a spammer please add the word