Re: dynamic_cast problem

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: dynamic_cast problem
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:28:30 +0200

KeithO wrote:
> extern "C" DestinationImpl * getDestinationImpl(void);

>     MODULE_HANDLE fn = (void *(*)())dlsym(hdll, "getDestinationImpl");

The functiontypes don't match. Further, I'd use a typedef(at least for your
readers). Also consider that this cast is not valid, neither in C nor C++.
Take a look at comp.lang.c++.moderated, there was a thread started by me
that explains the details.

BTW: why pass around a void*? Your lib could as well declare the struct
class and export a function returning a pointer to it.

Uli