Re: Switching off ansi C++?

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: Switching off ansi C++?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:15:22 +0200

Xin Wang wrote:
> I used an older version of g++ which is not C++
> based. Now I am having trouble compiling those
> files due to some problems with the definition of
> templates, iterators, and stuff. :-) Is it a way
> to switch off these ansi C++ based features?

Hopefully not, please rather fix your code. Anyhow, porting a few apps from
2.9x to 3.x, I noticed that the most common problem is that the stdlibrary
of 2.9x put everything into the global namespace. So, usually it was just
mechanically adding 'std::' to things that belong into that namespace and
sometimes replacing <iostream.h> with <iostream>.

It looks like a lot more work in the beginning than it really is.

Uli

--
Questions ?
see  C++-FAQ Lite: http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/  first !