Re: compatibility libraries.

From: Amit Bhatia
Subject: Re: compatibility libraries.
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:41:32 -0500

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

> Statically linked exectables do not use shared libraries, so your
> installing a different library will have absolutely no effect.
>
> Besides, it isn't libstdc++ that is giving you the problem.

Thanks Paul.
 So does that mean that more or less the only way to fix this up is to get
an executable compatible with RH 9.0s libraries? I mean, as you said the
idea of installing gcc 2.95.3 will be of no use. And I don't think I know
of a way by which I could make this executable use the other version of
whatever libraries it needs.
 Any advice on this or would you say: Get the new compilation. Of course,
had this been so easy and sure, I would have tried doing this first rather
than finding roundabout solutions..

thanks,
amit.