Segmentation fault enabling profiling

From: Tron Thomas
Subject: Segmentation fault enabling profiling
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 15:53:38 -0700

I have an application that is running slow, so I wanted to profile it to see if I could tell where the bottle neck exists in the code.

I enabled profiling by using the -pg switch both while compiling and linking.

Now when I run the program I get a segmentation fault without any core dump. Also, if I run the program in the debugger, the debugger is unable to provide any kind of backtrace when the fault occurs.

If I remove the -pg switch, my application builds and runs without crashing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?