Is there a flag to tell compiler ( linker?) I need lots of space?

From: Beverly Seavey
Subject: Is there a flag to tell compiler ( linker?) I need lots of space?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 10:02:14 -0500 (CDT)

I'm running an AI program that wants lots of space- big arrays.
When I compile with real world size array sizes, it compiles ok but dies
immediately upon execution. I wait til later in the program and allocate
dynamically when I need the space, I get the segmentation error then.

If I set the array sizes to toy world size evrything runs ok.

I'm running on some version of linux.. I could find out which if it helps.