help-gnuzilla

Re: bug#39766: Security-Problems, probably known

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: bug#39766: Security-Problems, probably known
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 11:37:51 +0200

Two new zero-days have hit Firefox
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-6819 &
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-6820 see
https://mspoweruser.com/mozilla-update-firefox-zero-day-vulnerabilities/
for details. Are we still going to intentionally distribute a release
version knowing it is vulnerable to all these exploits without even
addressing it on the icecat webpage?

I quote from the article "Since these vulnerabilities are being
exploited in the wild, users are urged to download and install the patch
immediately to avoid being hacked"

Kind regards,
Corne